Andhra Pradesh state police has announced a recruitment notification to recruit 1293 candidates as sub-inspectors of police.
The category wise distribution is 1100 stipend cadet trainee (SCT) SI of police (civil) (males), 169 SCT reserve SI of police (AR)( males) and 24 SCT reserve SI of police (APSP)(males).
Applications are invited from eligible candidates from February 25 to march 13
Applications will be issued from February 16 to march 13.
Eligibility: Candidates having a degree from any recognized university can apply for the post of sub-inspector of police.
Through a series of physical ability tests followed by a written test.
Physical tests include:
- A initial 5 kilometer run which should be completed in 25 minutes (* impossible without practice)
- A 100 meter sprint which should be completed in 15 seconds. (* easy)
- A long jump in which a candidate should jump a distance of 3.80 meters (* easy)
- A shot put throw which should be thrown a distance of 5.60 meters (* practice makes it easy)
- A high jump in which a jump of 1.2 meters is required (* practice) and
- An 800 meter run which should be completed in 170 seconds (* easy).
* According to me.
Written test for SI of police consists of 4 papers.
Paper 1: English (Descriptive) : 50 questions, 100 marks
Paper 2: Telugu (Descriptive) : 50 questions, 100 marks
Paper 3: Arithmetic, test of reasoning,
Mental ability. : 200 marks
Paper 4: General studies : 200 marks.
English and Telugu papers are only a qualifying paper and the marks in that section won’t count in making the merit list.
For OC, BC, ST/SC candidates the qualifying marks in these two sections are 40, 35 and 30 marks respectively.
Applications must be strictly in the prescribed format given by the recruiting agency. You can get the detailed application from here.
Visit the latest SI recruitment notification by SSC.