Home » Needs » Correcting PAN Card data

Correcting PAN Card data

You’ve recently got your PAN Card but see that there is an error on the Card or on the PAN records. Needless to say, but you need to get it corrected as soon as possible. You should pay a fresh Rs.94 as fee and proceed to apply to get a Corrected PAN as described below (for PAN through NSDL only) :

Step by step process

1.Visit this NSDL Tin page.

2.Select ‘Changes or Correction in PAN Details’

3.Select ‘Application for Changes or Correction in PAN Data (PAN Change Request Form)

4.Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select your category (mostly, ‘Individual’)

5.Without selecting any box on the left of the page, Fill all the Mandatory details (fields marked with Red *). Note that 7. Address for Communication will be pre-selected, leave it like that.

6.Now select all those boxes on the left (put a tick mark) where you need the required change. For example, if there is a mistake in your Name printed on the card or on records, select only ‘1.Name’ (and 7. Address for Communication)

7.At the bottom, you need to select a proof of Identity, Proof of Address and Proof of PAN Allotment, which you have to send

8.Then select your form of payment (Online preferred) and Submit

9.In the next screen, verify if all details are correct and submit

A temporary transaction number will be created, which you may take a note some where. If you’ve selected to pay online, you should select your form of payment and continue with your payment.

Once the transaction is completed, you’ll be presented with a Acknowledgement number and form, which you have to take a print, and along with it, the Proof of Identity, Address and PAN Allotment must be sent in an envelop superscribed ‘Application for Change request PAN – Acknowledgement number’ to:

Income Tax PAN service unit, National securities depository limited, 3 rd floor, Sapphire chambers, Near Baner Telephone exchange, Baner, Pune 411045

With in 15 days of online application.

Once submitted, you can use the Acknowledgement number to track your PAN card status.

Check Also

GHMC (Hyderabad) to issue Instant birth certificate soon

We’ve mentioned earlier on how to get Birth certificate in Hyderabad city region. After applying, …


    This is your information action please

    Ram akwal kumar

  2. I would like to update my latest photograph along with Initial name update. But i do see only 5. Photo Mismatch option. If i select that and send an passport size photograph in the same envelope, will it work?

  3. Dibya Kumar Kharsel

    I have applied for a new pan card through online but yet I have not submitted the application form along with the required documents. I need to change some data. Please tell me the procedure.

    • Ahh, I don’t think you can make changes to your online application. You need to apply again with correct data, pay the fee again and then forward your documents. Your application is incomplete as long as they don’t receive your documents, so don’t worry about any confusion at their (NSDL) end.

  4. I want to change my name in pan card.

  5. My father name wrong, i want to change my father name.

  6. i want to change my photo in my pan card, please tell me the online address and how can change photo in online

    • The process is same as you’d apply for the first time. First fill the details online (this time in PAN correction form) and send them your ID proof’s (yes, again).

  7. I want to add initial in Pancard

  8. When add my pan number on site my name incorrect rajesh lambole instead of brijesh k lodhi my pan number active on 2004 car number ACCPL95–


    I lost my pan card i want same pan card number for duplicate pan card.

  10. i want to change my and my father name and my date of birth. What i can do?


    My pancard is dispatched from the speed post but card not received me pl sent early as possible. as per given PAN Card Details
    Application Number 707897919
    Coupon Number 517098184

  12. i want to change my date of birth, what i can do?

  13. coupon no.515548214, 215, 216 name shelke, chavan, Jagdale i submit date 21/2/2011 but card not received me pl sent early as possible. as per given address on application

  14. i want to change my date of birth in my pan card

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *