If you have a Savings or Current account in State Bank of India (SBI), you should also consider taking Internet Banking facility for your account. Internet Banking facility virtually removes the necessity for you to visit your Bank for most works. You can do things like:
- See your Bank Statement/ including balance
- Transfer funds to other accounts (with in State Bank or other Banks)
- Pay e-tax
- Apply for IPO using SBI ASBA system
- Apply for new accounts like another savings/ current account, fixed deposit etc with in the same branch
- Open a term deposit (e-TDR or e-STDR)
- Shop online using you Net Banking account and many more
For accounts which are opened recently, Internet Banking is provided as an option in the application form. If you’ve selected that, you’d get your user id and password in your welcome kit as well.
For older accounts, you have to manually submit an Internet Banking registration form to your SBI branch. You will then be given a kit containing your initial login id and password which you’ve to change during the first login.
Note that your Internet Banking facility may take up to 24 hours to get activated.
You can download this Internet Banking registration form from here.