Earlier we’ve written a post on making corrections in Aadhaar card mentioning that a procedure will be laid out in future. It now appears that the procedure has been laid and users who need to make corrections to their aadhaar data can do so either online or offline (by post).
You can change (or make corrections, as applicable) your name, gender, Birth date, address and mobile number.
How to update Aadhaar data?
The easiest way is of course through online. Just visit this page and follow the instructions carefully.
For your convenience, here are steps involved:
- Enter your Aadhaar number
- If you have registered a mobile number during registration for aadhaar, you will receive a One Time Password to login. If you haven’t registered a mobile number, you can enter a number now to receive the password.
- Login using the password
- Make the required corrections and upload supporting documents (you can see the list of allowed documents)
- Submit update application
- A update request number will be generated which you can use to track your update request
Your application will be scrutinized and if everything looks legit, a new aadhaar card with corrected information will be sent to you. You can track the same using the earlier Aadhaar card tracking system.
In case you are not well versed with online application procedure, you can also accomplish the same by sending update application through post. You must download this application form and also this pdf for help on how to fill the form and to see the addresses where you should send the application. In case you cannot even download forms online, you may visit the Aadhaar regional centre in your city to make changes to your aadhaar information.
If you want, you may also fill the details online, using the online procedure, download it and send it offline via post along with supporting documents to the concerned addresses.
Note: If you are applying through post, you must fill the complete form even though you only need to correct a particular field, for example, your name.
UIDAI has also developed a dedicated resident portal as an easy self service tool where you can know and do a lot of things concerned with your aadhaar data.