So, you’ve purchased a Mobile from UniverCell and the sales guys there pushed you to take Insurance along with the Mobile. You lose your Mobile unfortunately one day and return to UniverCell store to listen to the news that Insurance isn’t covered for the circumstances in which you’ve lost your Mobile.
If this is your case, please read the conditions below that are covered by the Insurance (Oriental General Insurance):
- Loss or Damage due to Fire
- Loss or Damage due to Riot, Strike or Terrorist activity
- Loss due to theft
- Loss or Damage due to road accidents.
Read more carefully the following conditions are ‘not covered’:
- Damage due to anything related to ‘Water’
- Theft of Mobile from an Un attended Vehicle (for example, you leave your Mobile inside your Car or bike and go some where)
- Loss or Damage caused due to carelessness, Intentional, Poor maintenance etc
- Loss in ‘Mysterious circumstances’.
- Loss or Damage due to Climatic chances, atmospheric, repairing, cleaning etc
- Loss or Damage that can be covered under the Manufacturer’s warranty
- Loss or Damage while driving or travelling in insured’s own vehicle.
It is also important that your original invoice has the mention of Insurance been paid.
What you need to claim in case of a theft?
- Written acknowledgment of the service provider that a written complaint was given to them and that service to that number has been stopped
- FIR and Non traceable certificate from Police (in case the claim is for mobile being lost)
- Original Invoice from Univercell and
- A Claim form.
Note: The Insurance is charged at Rs.25 for every Rs.1000 that a Mobile costs.
Now once everything in place, your insurance claim will be forwarded to the insurance partner with whom Univercell tied up. From now, its just a waiting game. The insurance company will again verify all your claims and process it only if it sees fit according to its own conditions. Once done, the insurance amount will be sent to Univercell who will then contact you to collect your claim amount.